How to Find Your Hat Size
- First, get yourself a tape measure made from a flexible material like cloth, fabric, or bendable plastic.
- Wrap the tape around your head, making sure you measure above your ears at the area where you prefer to wear your hat.
- Although it is a matter of personal choice, a good spot to measure is the widest part of your head, as that’s where a hat often fits the best. When you get a measurement, consult the hat size chart above to figure out your size.
- Measure several times to ensure you’re getting an accurate measurement.
- Don’t pull the tape too tight; you always want to err on the side of having a little too much room.
- If you fall between two sizes, we strongly recommend that you choose the larger in the interest of comfort.
- Head sizes and shapes differ from region to region. The most common male size is 7-3/8 and the average hat size for females is 7-1/4.
- Size charts are for general reference only. Fit may vary depending on the manufacturer, materials, construction, and hairstyle.
- One-Size-Fits-Most (1SFM) and Adjustable hats typically fit up to XL or 7-7/8, unless otherwise noted.